9.23.2005

Here There Be Simpsons!


Anyone who knows me knows that The Simpsons is one of my favorite shows. It is also one of the best television shows of all time. That's not my opinion. It's just a fact. Sorry.

I just wanted to hear some of your favorite Simpson quotes or moments. (Or if you don't watch the show, explain to me why the hell you don't.)

Some of my favorite moments:

1. In "Bart the Daredevil": Homer attempts to jump the gorge on Bart's skateboard, only to fall to the bottom... twice.

--This is just classic television and one of the moments that defined the series early on. What makes the gag is when Homer is loaded into the ambulance, it immediately crashes, and Homer slips out the back on a stretcher and falls into the gorge again.

2. In "Treehouse of Horror X" during the segment "I Know What You Diddily-Iddly-Did": The Simpsons are riding in their car down a foggy road. Lisa says that she can't believe that they escaped from those horrible vampires, and Homer replies that it was worth it to get back their Sugar Crisp Cereal. Then he sings the Sugar Crisp jingle: "Can't get enough of that Sugar Crisp!"

--The Halloween episodes are some of my all-time favorites. I don't know exactly why this moment stands out for me. It just tickles my fancy. Yes, I said tickles my fancy.

3. In "Eight Misbehavin'": Homer and Apu break into the zoo to rescue Apu's octuplets. As they take the babies from the zoo, a mother gorilla appears at the front gates and holds her baby up for Homer to take with him, to which Homer replies, "Okay, this is getting weird."

--This moment perfectly aligns with my sense of humor. One of my friends once told me that Homer's reply in this moment sounds exactly like something I would say (although I can't imagine myself being in this situation, being offered a gorilla baby while helping a friend rescue his octuplets from the zoo).

Okay, now let's hear your favorite moments (or excuses for not watching)...

6 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Welcome to my world, granny.

Oh sorry that was a quote from Billy Madison. What I meant to say was:

Welcome to my world, granny.

Fri Sep 23, 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Luke the good, where's your profile? Where's your blog? Where are you?

Sun Sep 25, 12:29:00 AM  
Blogger jenk said...

i don't watch it. just to annoy you! i'd watch it if you watched angel.

i don't have a blogspot here either. i'm what you call a "sister"

actually on livejournal we call them lurkers.

Wed Sep 28, 08:15:00 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

I'd watch Angel if David Boreanaz was sexy. But, alas, he's not...

Thu Sep 29, 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger jenk said...

i'd punch you in the face if you were awake. but alas, you're not...

Sat Oct 01, 04:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not the biggest fan of David Boreanaz, but there are definitely some hotties worth checking out Angel for. Case in point, the delicious Charisma Carpenter (but only for the first 3 seasons, after that she just got bloated...or pregnant, whatever). And the equally delicious Alexis Denisof, particularly Season 4 Angel when he's all rough and scowling a lot. And did I mention Christian Kane?? That's a Candy Kane I want in my stocking this year.

Tue Oct 04, 01:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home