9.23.2005

Man Crush?



Guys, have you ever looked at a male celebrity and thought, "Hey, I'd like to hug his muscles in a totally heterosexual way"?

Girls, have you ever gazed at a female celebrity and wondered what it would be like to cuddle spoon fashion with her on the couch?

If so, then you have a man crush (if you're a guy) or a girl crush (if you're a girl).

Over the years, I came to realize that I had a strange fascination with Johnny Depp. It wasn't sexual (I'm totally straight and married to a wonderful woman, by the way); it wasn't even romantic. And it wasn't like I wanted to be Johnny Depp, either. Strange, new feelings were brewing inside me... a man crush.

Since I am secure in my sexuality (nothing against homosexuality-- I'm all for it if that's for you) I feel like I can talk about these feelings to others. And I know I'm not the only one out there. I've talked to plenty of other people out there (guys and girls) who have these crushes on celebrities such as Vin Diesel, Tom Cruise, Kate Winslet, and Jennifer Garner.

So, speak out! Let your man (or girl) crush be known!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

DOOD! You KNOW I don't have a mancrush on Vin Deisel, I didn't understand what "mancrush" meant, I still hadn't seen that Seinfeld episode. Although I do think Vin's cool. I think you put it best when you said you "want to BE Johnny Depp" and that's how I feel sometimes about Ryan Reynolds... aw who am I kiddin' I feel that way a LOT of times.

If you see the cover of the Men's Health that he posed on, you'll agree. Seriously. Go look it up online.

Sat Sep 24, 03:07:00 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

oh, you DON'T want to be him... sorry, I misread that. And now that I think of it, it would be more fun to be WITH Ryan R. than to actually BE him, because if you're him, then you can't enjoy your awesomeness as much.

Sat Sep 24, 03:09:00 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Jonathan, you know you want to hug Ryan Reynolds's muscles... you know you want to... want to... want to... want to...

Sun Sep 25, 12:28:00 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

I want to hug your profile picture even more though... I have a lot of sympathy for 'tards.

Mon Sep 26, 04:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have a huge man crush on jessica alba. I would love to squeeze her muscles. particularly her boobs.

Tue Sep 27, 03:30:00 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA I hope that's my brother Jeff. Cause then I would be proud.

Tue Sep 27, 04:24:00 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Well, I'd like to squeeze Jonathan's black-eyed side snoobs.

(wink)

Wed Sep 28, 08:39:00 AM  
Blogger jenk said...

david boreanaz was on the cover of men's health as well. you could totally see his abs through his shirt. *sighhhhh*

if that was jeff hodges, i'm feeling a little awkward about reading this.

although reading about your man crush? not awkward. go figure.

Wed Sep 28, 08:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home