10.28.2005

Chillin' Like a Villain


Freddy Krueger... Jason Voorhees... Dracula... the Wolfman... Waxhead. Everyone has a favorite movie monster or villain. At this time of the year, one of my favorites by the way, I like to watch scary movies. If I didn't have to work, I'd probably sit at home all day and watch horror movies around the clock. Alas, I have bills to pay...

A few of my favorites, you ask?

Sauron from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. You can't get much scarier than a huge, flaming eye at the top of a tower. Those ringwraiths were pretty creepy, too.

The zombies from the original Night of the Living Dead. George A. Romero's classic movie redefined horror cinema, and his eerie lumbering undead devouring human flesh can still beat most horror movies today in the nightmare department.

One of the best actors to ever portray the Count onscreen was Gary Oldman in Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula. If you haven't seen this version of Bram Stoker's famous tale, you have to. And now's the best time of year to watch it. Turn the lights off, make your house a little chilly to add to the effect, and turn up the volume. I guarantee you'll have a hard time sleeping that night...

Who are your favorite movie evil-doers? You don't have to limit these to scary/horror movie monsters; any villain will do.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude...why aintchoo give no props to micky my'ers?

Sat Oct 29, 01:54:00 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

I didn't mean to leave any villains out (i.e. Michael Myers). I intentionally didn't want to include them all in my post - that's what I wanted yous guys to comment about... all the other great villains out there. Props to Bradley for bringing up Mr. Myers.

And, Sara... yes, I do think that Sloane is one of the best TV villains ever. If any of you don't watch Alias, shame on you. I think you, J-Man, would particularly love it. Maybe we can watch an episode or two to get you hooked when you come down for Thanksgiving. When are you gonna be in GA, by the way?

Mon Oct 31, 04:53:00 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Oh believe me, I'm going to watch Alias. And I'm going to love it. I'm going to try to watch every single episode to catch up to real time. Other than scrubs, it is TOP priority for media I've been missing out on. Of course I have a little extra motivation...

I'll be there the weekend before, but I have a lot to do, and should be free later in the week. Just before or after thanksgiving (i.e. monday, tuesday, or saturday) would be cool if you guys aren't too busy.

Mon Oct 31, 08:08:00 PM  
Blogger jenk said...

sara was 6 when she saw poltergeist - i was 3. i still have the dreams...

scott, your userpic is awesome.

you may appreciate this livejournal entry.

Mon Oct 31, 09:10:00 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

I actually saw Poltergeist 2 before I saw 1. I was a little kid, and that old man in the movie really freaked me out. Remember him? The old preacher dude?

Wed Nov 02, 08:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home